The Confidence Menu
Developing Self-confidence : Part 1
Overcoming fear, self doubt and limiting beliefs
Identify what’s holding you back personally and professionally by exploring ways to overcome fear and self-doubt; and question any limiting beliefs in order to increase self-confidence.
- The evolutionary stuff – a brief explanation of the mind’s emotional regulation systems and how they affect behaviour.
- Identify concerns and fears affecting own self-confidence.
- Challenge self-limiting beliefs, turn them into empowering ones and put them into practice.
Developing Self-confidence : Part 2
Acknowledging and Celebrating your Inner Strength and Talents
Tap into your valuable resources and learn how to use them in situations that are currently outside your comfort zone, by pushing the boundaries of your comfort zone, distinguishing between desire and determination and assessing your motivation to achieve your goals.
- Explore the resources your need to achieve your goals.
- Explore your development needs and identify what you need to do to be successful.
- Use your imagination to visualise success.
Developing Self-confidence : Part 3
Enhancing your Communication and Influencing skills
Learn how to be more assertive and influential; and get what you want without affecting your relationships by exploring how assertive and influential you already are and how to enhance your skills further.
- Recognise verbal and non-verbal aspects of assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviour.
- Put into practice different assertion techniques.
- Create rapport and build trust.
- Use a simple approach to influence others to achieve your goals.
Creating a Happy and Healthy Work-Life Balance
Explore ways to achieve a happy and healthy work-life balance.
- Reflect on your current work life balance and identify what needs to change.
- Organise your time more effectively.
- Learn how to say ‘no’ without upsetting anyone
Mindfulness and Relaxation
An introduction to practicing mindfulness and how it can improve your overall wellbeing
- Origins of Mindfulness.
- Benefits of practicing Mindfulness.
- Practicing Mindfulness – short activities.
- Relaxation technique.
Developing Positive Relationships
Explore ways to develop new relationships or improve the ones that you already have, by looking at the importance of trust, compassion, and how to accept differences.
- Consider why relationships break down.
- Tips for developing relationships with colleagues and someone you’ve just met.
- Understand and accept different perspectives and how we experience the world.
Developing your Career
Consider where your career is headed and make time to consider what you are good at, what you are interested in and what options and opportunities could be available to you.
- Reflect on past successes and create powerful achievement statements.
- Learn how to market your expertise on CV’s, application forms, cover letters and social media.
- Use a variety of techniques to research the market and apply for roles.
- Develop confidence in interviews.
Managing Stress and Developing Resilience
Maintain your health and wellbeing by learning how to manage your stress levels and develop your resilience when dealing with life’s challenges.
- Identifying current attitude, beliefs and approach to handling stress.
- Explore current stressors and identify actions, which will enable you to bounce back.
- Share tips to promote a restful sleep and maintain your overall wellbeing.
Developing Your Presentation Skills
Develop your confidence when communicating with others either on a one to one basis, in groups or when delivering presentations and explore how to prepare effectively, overcome the jitters and improve your delivery.
- Use techniques to overcome fear, manage emotions and visualise success.
- Model good communicators.
- Share tips for preparing and delivering engaging presentations.
Tackling Challenging Situations at Work and Home
Develop your skills and confidence with handling challenging situations at work or at home.
- Explore what are challenging situations for you.
- Learn techniques for preventing and handling conflict and managing differences.
- Handle change confidently and proactively.
- Juggle conflicting priorities and set meaningful goals.